[Classifieds] Storyteller at WBNERR July 14

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Wed Jul 8 12:42:59 EDT 2009

Storyteller Rona Leventhal Tells Tales Overlooking Waquoit Bay

The Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve's Evenings on the Bluff Series welcomes international storyteller and environmental educator Rona Leventhal on Tuesday , July 14, 2009 at 6:30 p.m. at the Reserve’s headquarters. The performance “Earth Celebrations” will focus on tales and songs about animals, personal responsibility, wise use of resources and taking care of the earth.

Rona Leventhal is an exuberant artist who infuses a dramatic touch into tales from many cultures. Her performances are more that just stories, beautifully weaving together drama, movement, songs and humor, which encourage audience participation. Ms. Leventhal tours internationally, telling stories and presenting workshops to children and adults. She is also co-editor of the book Spinning tales, Weaving Hope: Stories, Storytelling, and Activities of Peace, Justice, and the Environment.

The Citizens for the Protection of Waquoit Bay is generously sponsoring this year’s series of Evenings on the Bluff. The Reserve’s headquarters is located at 149 Waquoit Highway (Route 28). In the event of rain, the program will be held under our tent. Bring a chair and picnic dinner and enjoy the view. There is no charge for the performance, donations are welcome. Assistive listening devices are available for all of our programs. We will also be happy to request a sign language interpreter for any of our programs with advanced notice. For more information, call (508) 457-0495 ext. 100

Laurie Tompkins
Event Coordinator
Waquoit Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve
P.O. Box 3092
Waquoit, MA 02536
Tel. 508-457-0495 x108
Fax 617-727-5537

www.waquoitbayreserve.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message is intended only for
the addressee(s) and contains confidential and privileged
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any
review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly
please notify the sender immediately by email and delete the
message and any file attachments from your computer.