[Classifieds] [classifieds] Rescheduled date for beach cleanup at Scusset Beach now Sunday, Oct. 25th

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Fri Oct 23 11:54:38 EDT 2009

Date of Beach Cleanup rescheduled for Sunday, October 25th from 9 am to 11 am

Due to the rain that is predicted for this coming Saturday, we have rescheduled our beach cleanup for the very next day, Sunday October 25th .

Event Information:
Beach Cleanup at Scusset Beach
Scusset Beach at Scusset Beach State Reservation
Sunday, Oct. 25th
from 9 am to 11 am
140 Scusset Beach Rd
Buzzards Bay MA 02532

Please join the New England Coastal Wildlife Alliance (NECWA) and Capt. John Boats ( www.captjohn.com ) for a beach cleanup at Scusset Beach this Sunday, October 25th. This cleanup effort is part of Coastsweep ( http://www.coastsweep.umb.edu/about_coastsweep.html ) , the beach-wide cleanup effort by the State. Coastsweep is part of the International Coastal Cleanup organized by The Ocean Conservancy in Washington, DC. Participants all over the world collect marine debris and record the types of trash they collect.

NECWA is a volunteer non-profit organization based in southeastern MA ( www.necwa.org ). This cleanup effort is a family event where everyone can participate and have good CLEAN fun! NECWA staff and biologists from Capt. John Boats out of Plymouth, will also provide a beach walk for those interested in learning more about our seashore. Dress for the weather. All cleanup materials will be provided including plastic bags, plastic gloves, data sheets, pencils and clipboards.

Meet at the parking lot at Scusset Beach on Cape Cod Bay from 9 am to 11 am.

To get to Scusset Beach ...
from south of Boston
RT-3 S toward Plymouth/Cape Cod
Take exit 1A for US-6 W toward Buzzards Bay/Falmouth/Scusset Beach Rd. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for Scusset Beach Rd. Turn left at Scenic Hwy. Continue on Meetinghouse Lane. Continue on Scusset Beach Rd.

from the Cape
US-6 W towards Boston/Providence R.I. Take the exit toward Canal St/RT-3A. Slight right at Canal St/RT-3A. Turn right at Meetinghouse Lane. Continue on Scusset Beach Rd.

from Wareham
US-6 E. At the traffic circle, take the 1st exit onto Main St. At Bourne Rotary Cir N, take the 1st exit onto US-6 E heading to Hyannis/Provincetown/RT-3/Plymouth. Continue on Meetinghouse Lane. Continue on Scusset Beach Rd.

For more information or if you have any questions, please contact Carol "Krill" Carson at 508-566-0009 and krillcarson at mac.com