[Classifieds] [classifieds] Snowpocalypse?! Science Cafe at Land Ho! Bar and Restaurant

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Wed Mar 16 08:50:11 EDT 2011

From: "Amy Fleischer" <afleischer at massaudubon.org>

Mass Audubon’s Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary is pleased to invite you to a Science Café event

Snowpocalypse?!

Climate Change and Our Winter Weather

with NECN Weather Man Tim Kelley

Thursday, March 31, 6:30 p.m.

Land Ho! Bar and Restaurant, Route 6A, Orleans

Appetizer specials offered.

What is a science café? Science cafés are live events that involve a face-to-face conversation with a scientist about current science topics. They are open to everyone, and take place in casual settings like pubs and coffeehouses. A science café's casual meeting place, plain language, and inclusive conversation create a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere for people with no science background. Each meeting is organized around an interesting topic of conversation. A scientist gives a brief presentation to kick off the discussion. You can leave a café meeting when you want, but you'll miss out if you show up late.

Please RSVP to 508-349-2615 or visit our website www.massaudubon.org/wellfleetbay for more information . Our March/ April program brochure can be found here: http://www.massaudubon.org/PDF/newsletters/Wellfleet_Bay_154.pdf .

Amy Fleischer, Education Director/ Public Programs Coordinator

Mass Audubon's Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary

PO Box 236, South Wellfleet, MA 02663

afleischer at massaudubon.org

508-349-2615, ext 114

Office Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Protecting the Nature of Massachusetts
www.massaudubon.org/wellfleetbay