[Classifieds] [classifieds] Herring Run Talk & Kayak Trip...]

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Tue May 1 11:19:01 EDT 2012

From: melaniecurtis at cape.com

Hello!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Herring Run Talk & Kayak Trip

Join us Friday evening, May 4, in Marstons Mills...
The Marstons Mills Herring Run Project
A Talk by Ryan Mann

Ryan Mann of Harwich Conservation Trust traces the journey of the herring
from hatching in fresh water, travelling to saltwater, and finally returning to
freshwater to spawn. After the talk, we'll carpool to explore the herring run off of
Flume Avenue, BLT's current acquisition project.

Where & When
Friday, May 4, 5:00pm to 7:00pm
Liberty Hall
2150 Main Street, Marstons Mills

Registration and Fees
There is a $5 per person fee for this talk.
Please call the office at 508-771-2585.
Join us Saturday morning, May 5, in Marstons Mills...
Kayak Trip to The Herring Run
across Hamblin's and Middle Ponds

Join BLT Land Manager Red Bansfield and Bobby Wilds of Great Marsh Kayak
Tours on a kayak trip across Hamblin's Pond and Middle Pond to the head of the
Marstons Mills River Herring Run.

We'll depart at 10am from the Hamblin's Pond Recreation Area. En route,
we'll portage across the isthmus separating the 2 ponds, where local resident Dianne
Burden will greet us with lemonade and cookies. During the trip, we'll explore
woodlands, wetlands, wildlife habitat, and learn about the nearby Herring Run.

Where & When
Saturday, May 5, 10:00am to 2:00pm
(Rain date Sunday, May 6)
Departing from Hamblin's Pond Recreation Area
415 Route 149, Marstons Mills

Registration and Fees
There is a $60 per person fee for the kayak trip (which includes a $30 tax
deductible donation to BLT)

All equipment provided. No discount for bringing your own equipment.
PRE-REGISTRATION WITH A CREDIT CARD IS ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.