[Classifieds] [classifieds] Sewing Services by Melissa

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Tue Aug 6 10:03:33 EDT 2013

From: "Melissa Campbell" <mcampbell at mbl.edu >

Please Contact Melissa Campbell at 954-654-1510 or at mcampbell at mbl.edu

The Seamstress is in!

Do you (or your kiddo!) need an article of clothing altered or fixed?
Wait! Look beyond your wardrobe! I can fix most household pieces that need fabric mended. I can also mend most crochet/knitted items (if you have a snag etc)!

I love to get creative - no project too big, small or adventurous! Perhaps you have a pattern but do not know how to make it -- Let me take a look!

How it works:
Simply bring your item-in-distress to the MBL (after contacting me) and I will deliver it to your location after a few short days good as new!

Here are just a few common (adult sized) items with prices:

-Hems on jeans, most dresses, and slacks $14
-Special *hand-done* hems on dress slacks, suits, dresses etc $18
-Replaced zippers, includes your new zipper! $16
-Mended crocheted/knitted (most) pieces $6
-Replaced buttons, added button holes $4
-Mended socks (ie expensive wool field socks!) $4

I also specialize in making crochet pieces such as warm winter blankets, beautiful elegant doilies and table runners etc (price upon request). Lastly, I love to make adorable stuffed animals (lambs, elephants etc) - only $35!

Thanks!
-Melissa
Research Assistant
Ecosystems Center