[Classifieds] [classifieds] Invitation to join the Greater Falmouth Mostly All Male Mens Chorus

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Wed Mar 13 09:07:18 EDT 2013

From: "Jay Gill" <capegills at yahoo.com>

Greetings All,

Who: YOU
What: Come observe/join the Greater Falmouth Mostly All Male Mens Chorus
When: 7:00pm (Thursday evenings beginning March 14 )
Where: Morse Pond School ( 323 Jones Rd. Falmouth, MA )
Why: Because you love singning fun songs in a relaxed atmosphere
How: Just show up!

The Greater Falmouth Mostly All Male Mens Chorus (GFMaMMC) is a community singing group (501c3 organization) that performs in 4 part harmony, mostly in the ranges of Bass, Baritone, Tenor II, and Tenor I.

Having some questions? Here let me answer some for you...

1) Why is it "Mostly All Male"? - This is because we sing in what would be considered lower ranges. If this seems gender biased then believe me it's not. If fact, the sections of Tenor II and Tenor I are mostly women.

2) I like to sing but I don't think I can pass the audition. Is that a concern? - No! Since we are a community chorus we don't have auditions. The only thing we ask is tat you take the music seriously and practice.

3) I enjoy music but don't read musical notation very well. I guess that leaves me out, huh? - Not at all! Many of the people that are in the chorus aren't fluent in reading music (I'm one of them - but I'm slowly catching on). The way we get better is with a practice CD and a lyrics sheet. For example, if you are a Tenor II then you would get the practice CD for Tenor II (supplied by the chorus during the first weeks of rehearsal) and then listen to the music played for your part while you read from the lyrics sheet. It's fun..somewhat like singing karaoke!

4) Okay, so there are no auditions and I don't need to read music, but I have a busy life. I don't have time to memorize a whole concert schedule. How do you handle that? - You're busy just like everybody is busy. You don't need to memorize the pieces because we perform our concert "open book". The music is right there in front of you in your hands. Granted some folks try to perform without looking at the music...but that's a personal choice.

5) This all sounds good but I'm nervous about showing up alone. Any suggestions? - Yup, bring a friend! When you show up just ask for a member of the Board of Directors (Marcy Lerner - President., Ann Davenish - Treasurer., Chris Polloni - Secretary, Brittany Haskell - Director) or ask for me, Jay Gill.

If you have further questions please feel free to call 508-564-0054 and speak with our president (Marcy Lerner) directly or go to our website at http://www.falmouthmenschorus.org/index.html

Thanks for reading and we hope to see you Thursday.

Kind regards,
Jay Gill