[Classifieds] [classifieds] Tomato Plants for Sale

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Mon Apr 27 08:23:38 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

From: "Emily Reddington" <ereddington at mbl.edu>

Memorial Day is fast approaching, do you have your tomato plants yet? We have 13 varieties of island-grown tomato plants for sale. We stepped up our game this year and are using organic, micro-nutrient rich, and biologically active potting mix we had shipped in from Amish Country. The plants are happy and healthy and are grown without any pesticides or synthetic fertilizers. All plants are in 5-inch pots, have thick stems, and will be hardened off. Plants are $5 each. We will be delivering tomato orders Thursday 5/14 to the MBL. Please let me know which varieties you would like by Tuesday 5/12. Quantities are limited for some varieties, so first come, first serve. Please email redhairfarm at gmail.com with questions and to place your order.

Photos and descriptions can be found in the attached PDF. We have added some new varieties to our list and still have our perennial favorites. A few that we grow each year are:

Cherokee Purple--great texture and flavor, robust and quirky stem growth, a real pleasure

Gilbertie Paste--huge and delicious plum tomatoes that are good enough to eat fresh

Jaune Flamme--tons and tons of apricot-colored and tasty fruit that start early and stay late

Moskvich--great way to start the season with this early-producing Russian tomato

Sun Gold--if you have never tried them and you like sweet tomatoes fresh from the vine, these will be your new favorite, the start early and are often the last tomatoes producing in the fall

--
Emily Reddington
Research Assistant