[Classifieds] FalmouthNet meeting tonight

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Thu Dec 12 11:35:17 EST 2019

MBL colleagues,

Tonight in the Hermann Room of the Falmouth Library,
at 6:30 PM, the consultant that EDIC has chosen to
determine the feasibility of the Falmouth Community
Network will meet his constituency - US! - and
outline what his study will find out.

The Falmouth community network idea is to create a
locally-controlled, fully fiberoptic alternative to
Comcast and Verizon. It would be a competitive choice. It
would be engineered to handle summer loads and support
a connected year-round economy. It would be an investment
in Falmouth's long-term infrastructure. It would be a
more modern infrastructure, less prone to weather outages
and upgradeable as our need for network speed grows.

The MBL community - and other Falmouth knowledge workers -
stand to benefit especially from the increased
connectivity.

The technology exists. The financing is available. The
construction techniques are well-known. The missing link
is community support. If we want it, it will be built.
That's why it is CRITICAL to show up tonight.

There's lots more info at http://falmouthnet.org . . .
but you'll learn a lot, and contribute a lot, if you
come to the Hermann Room tonight at 6:30 tonight.

Thank you,
David I