[Classifieds] Woods Hole Folk Music Society presents Troy MacGillivray and Andrea Beaton

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Wed Feb 6 18:07:39 EST 2019

Friends of WHFMS-
When was the last time we had a piano player at a WHFMS concert?? and step dancing....in the same concert??!!  We are in for a treat this Sunday, with two of Canada’s famed folk musicians, Troy MacGillivray and Andrea Beaton, performing for us!

     Nova Scotia's Troy MacGillivray has been impressing audiences with his fiddle, piano and step dancing, since he was a child. (He was teaching piano when he was 13!)
       Cape Breton’s Andrea Beaton is most recognized for her composing, fiddling, step dancing and story-telling. She most often performs with piano accompaniment, since the style of piano playing is special in Cape Breton music. “It's one of the things that separates Cape Breton music from other styles of music.” Beaton says. “It's got a ragtime-y feel to it at times. Really dance-y, a lot of our music is related to the step-dancing.”
      Come and enjoy this unique evening with two amazing performers! Tickets are only available at the door and can be purchased for $20, with discounts for members, seniors and youth. The doorsopen at 7:00 PM and the concert begins at 7:30.

Season ticket holders will have reserved seating until 7:25 PM and may come to the front of the ticket line at any time after doors are opened.

We always welcome donations of baked goods to serve at intermission. Many thanks to our generous bakers!    Hope to see you there!