[Classifieds] [SEMCO] Spring/Summer Internship on the Diamondback Terrapin in southcoast MA

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Wed Feb 17 09:51:51 EST 2021

Southcoast Terrapin Internship Program – Spring / Summer Season

The New England Coastal Wildlife Alliance (NECWA) is seeking high school, college and graduate students for our Southcoast Terrapin Internship Program. This program is focused on the Northern diamondback terrapin, a threatened species of marsh turtle found in coastal waters of MA. Interns are involved with a variety of educational, research and conservation activities.

Summer Internships are typically 3-month commitments with a 30-hour work week. Internship positions are non-paid and can be coordinated privately or through a school or university program. Interns must provide their own transportation to and from work areas and housing is not provided.

NECWA also provides additional internships focused on program development and marketing, fundraising and social media, graphic design, management, computer programing and software manipulation.

The New England Coastal Wildlife Alliance (NECWA) is a non-profit organization based in southeastern MA. We are dedicated to the protection and conservation of marine wildlife in the New England area. We conduct field research on diamondback terrapins in an effort to advance our understandings of their biology and ecology, as well as support conservation efforts on their behalf. Information collected through our research activities is also used to form the basis of our educational outreach activities within the New England community.

To learn more about our internship program, go to http://necwa.org/internships.html.

To apply, go to our Internship page and fill out the Internship Application form.

Thank you,
Founder and President
krillcarson at mac.com<mailto:krillcarson at mac.com>

NECWA