[Classifieds] Virtual Forum on Climate Hazard Resilience: Sea Level Rise

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Wed Jun 16 12:31:54 EDT 2021

The Cape Cod Museum of Natural History

Receives NOAA -Sponsored

Citizen Science, Civics, and Resilient Communities Grant

BREWSTER, MA — The Cape Cod Museum of Natural History is honored to be a 2021 recipient of a NOAA-sponsored Citizen Science, Civics, and Resilient Communities grant, focusing on Sea Level Rise. This project aims to increase environmental literacy among participants, contributing citizen-created data, knowledge and values to resilience planning.

Please join us as we kick off our Sea Level Rise project! Sign up now to participate in a free Virtual Forum on Climate Hazard Resilience: Sea Level Rise June 23rd from 5:30pm-7:30pm hosted by the Museum of Science in Boston. In this facilitated, interactive program you will explore the social, economic and environmental impacts of sea level rise, work with others to recommend resilience strategies, and learn about how participating in community science can help inform scientists about which communities are at risk for flooding. No previous experience is required, all ages welcomed.

*Featured speaker is Gayle Bowness, Coastal Resilience Program Manager at the Gulf of Maine Research Institute in Portland.

 *Register for free on EventBrite: http://bit.ly/ccmnhSLR

And coming soon... for the next phase of this grant, CCMNH and the Brewster Department of Natural Resources are partnering on a Citizen Science beach monitoring project, and we need your help! Picture posts are being installed on Wing Island and Breakwater Beach. Use the posts to snap cellphone photos of the beach, and share your pictures with a simple app.

For more information please email plegendre at gmail.com<mailto:plegendre at gmail.com>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D762AA.BA617330][cid:image003.jpg at 01D762AA.BA617330]

Teresa Izzo

Program Coordinator/Publicist

Cape Cod Museum of Natural History

869 Main Street/Route 6A