[Classifieds] Indigenous Perspectives Speaker Series - hosted by Woodwell Climate Research Center

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Fri Jun 18 10:22:43 EDT 2021

Introduction to Indigenous Perspectives Speaker Series

Woodwell Climate Research Center’s upcoming Indigenous Perspectives on Climate Change<https://www.woodwellclimate.org/events/> virtual lecture series will be free and open to the public, running one hour on Wednesday afternoons (EDT) this summer.  The goal of these events is to deepen our relationships with Indigenous communities in the places where we work and to amplify Indigenous voices within our broader community.

Restoring a safe and stable climate is the greatest challenge of our time; science is key to this effort, as is Indigenous knowledge, wisdom, and leadership. We study critically important ecosystems around the globe, working with stakeholders and decision-makers, often including Indigenous and traditional communities, to develop just, effective strategies for reducing atmospheric carbon.

Join Woodwell Climate next Wednesday 6/23 at 4pm (EDT) for the first installment in our Indigenous Perspectives virtual lecture series. Leslie Jonas, the Vice Chair of the Native Land Conservancy and an eel clan member of the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe, will explore the role of First Peoples in climate change solutions. Register for free below.

https://www.woodwellclimate.org/?event=kaneb-lecture-series-indigenous-perspectives-on-climate-change

[https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/JjAz9FoSqMnkiO1HDzXgDPQMUherhkd1opgADXNwXAbsXi42HPbd0T49QnlKCqEjxtwDtTedQVfi4Qa6Kl7rfkMv407A3pFohlJ-3OEsTB_rZfbDqEnpg9SSAPoyiVYAjSX_eaZe]