[Classifieds] June 4th Virtual Panel Discussion on Allyship

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Thu May 20 10:13:17 EDT 2021

GLOW/CDEI Panel Discussion on Allyship

In honor of Pride Month and Juneteenth, GLOW<https://website.whoi.edu/glow/>
and the WHOI Committee for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (CDEI)<https://web.whoi.edu/cdi/> will be co-sponsoring a virtual panel discussion on Allyship on Friday, June 4th at
noon.  This event is open to the entire Woods Hole Scientific community (WHOI, WCRC, USGS, SEA, NOAA-NFSC, MBL).The event will be moderated by Isabela Le Bras (WHOI), and feature panelists Amy Bower (WHOI), Bill Waite
(USGS), Sidney Batchelder (WHOI), and Larry Alade (NOAA-NFSC).  As we work to make our institutions more inclusive and equitable, it is important that people support one another as mentors, sponsors and allies. This conversation is designed to give participants
tools to begin that work, including insight into barriers experienced by marginalized groups and ways privilege can be used to break barriers.Register in advance for this meeting:
https://whoi-edu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMpceurrzsjHdMIo4vzhLNUB79WJRGTMZGx