[Classifieds] Ask a NES-LTER Scientist! debuting Dec 16

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Mon Nov 29 08:35:43 EST 2021

Because we value data literacy, the NES-LTER is inviting you to join us for an upcoming webinar with a new format!

What: Ask a Scientist-- Phytoplankton Fingerprinting: a DataJam<https://sites.google.com/view/nes-lter-schoolyard-datajam> dataset and its creator
When: Thursday, Dec 16, 3:30-4:40 EST
With Whom: PhD Candidate, Diana Fontaine, URI-GSO
For Whom: NES-LTER Schoolyard Educators (you may sign up<https://forms.gle/trHXHGq2vmY1B7wb6> if you haven't already)
>From Whom: Northeast U.S. Shelf Long Term Ecological Research project<https://nes-lter.whoi.edu/>

In this free one hour webinar, we'll highlight one of our Level 3 DataJam datasets, Phytoplankton Fingerprinting<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hIy0mvuo72Qbc10uaTErAi_y5FCZY2FR>. You'll get a quick overview of our DataJam opportunity for students, learn about Diana's research and data collection, have a chance to play with the data on Tuva<https://tuvalabs.com/>, and then we'll open the floor to questions. If you'd like to bring questions from students, have them check out the dataset and share their questions with you!

Please register<https://forms.gle/rKoqYskLxw6nL8Wo7> so we can send you the link to participate and forward to interested colleagues.

Hope to see you there-
Annette Laursen Brickley (she, her, hers)

S <https://www.stemmingthegaps.com/>
TEMming the Gaps Consulting
NES-LTER<http://nes-lter.whoi.edu/> Education & Outreach Coord.

Mattapoisett