[Classifieds] Wild Care to Host Wildlife Baby Shower Celebrating Baby Animals

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Thu May 19 10:32:56 EDT 2022

Wild Care, a wildlife rehabilitation center located in Eastham, is hosting a wildlife baby shower on Saturday, June 18th from 11am til 2pm at Wild Care’s big yellow house on the Orleans Rotary located at 10 Smith Lane, Eastham, MA.

Join us as we celebrate the precious wildlife babies cared for at our wildlife rescue and rehabilitation facility. We will be offering guided tours of a few of our outdoor enclosures, and hourly educational presentations with our Animal Ambassadors. Guests will have the opportunity to make their own animal rescue box and decorate “Kindness Socks” – rice socks with inspirational messages for animals that will be used to keep them warm. There will be children’s activities and snacks.

Meet and greet our Animal Ambassadors in hourly presentations:

11:30 AM – Ilean a Mallard Duck

12:30 PM – Up Up an Eastern Screech Owl

1:30 PM – Garv an Eastern Box Turtle

All are welcome, and admission is free to attend. Baby shower gifts from our Baby Shower Wish List (https://www.wildcarecapecod.org/wildlife-baby-shower/<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wildcarecapecod.org%2Fwildlife-baby-shower%2F&data=05%7C01%7CSemco%40whoi.edu%7C2c312cbdc55e48277a0808da39a21e81%7Cd44c5cc6d18c46cc8abd4fdf5b6e5944%7C0%7C0%7C637885666573366528%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=Kcccff%2B%2BeOaSsBUEIV7c7I%2BNM4ADHzKP650omSdCf%2FI%3D&reserved=0>) are greatly appreciated. Guests bringing a gift will be entered to win a Wild Care gift basket, and all guests will receive a party favor. Proceeds to benefit Wild Care Cape Cod.

“We are extremely grateful for the support of the community”, said Stephanie Ellis, Executive Director. “Wild Care is not open to the public, so this is the one day of the year when we can give the public a sneak-peek at what we do. It is such a fun event for children and adults of all ages. We are thrilled to be able to host this in-person event for our wonderful, wildlife-loving community!”

To keep our animal patients safe from Avian Flu, we will not be allowing guests inside. We will be sharing FaceBook Live videos of wildlife rehabilitators feeding some of our baby animals. Find us on Facebook at @wildcarecapecod.

ABOUT WILD CARE: Wild Care’s mission is to treat injured, ill and orphaned native wildlife for release, to prevent wildlife casualties through public education and live counseling, and to engage the community in conservation through volunteerism. Since our founding, Wild Care has accepted greater than 30,000 wild creatures, representing over 275 species of native birds, mammals, and reptiles. On average Wild Care receives more than 1,800 wild animals per year for treatment. Of those admitted, about half come to us due to injuries and habitat loss due to human activities. It is a vital part of Wild Care’s mission to help educate the public on ways they can avoid harming our animal neighbors. We work with the community to positively impact the lives of wild animals through our counseling, educational efforts, and outreach. Wild Care does not charge the public for our services to wildlife. We accept wildlife regardless of a rescuer’s ability to make a donation and we never compromise quality of care or the dignity of an animal’s life for fundraising purposes. We are constantly striving to preserve the natural history of Cape Cod and provide quality, individualized care to each of our patients.

For more information about this event visit our Baby Shower webpage:

https://www.wildcarecapecod.org/wildlife-baby-shower/<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wildcarecapecod.org%2Fwildlife-baby-shower%2F&data=05%7C01%7CSemco%40whoi.edu%7C2c312cbdc55e48277a0808da39a21e81%7Cd44c5cc6d18c46cc8abd4fdf5b6e5944%7C0%7C0%7C637885666573366528%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=Kcccff%2B%2BeOaSsBUEIV7c7I%2BNM4ADHzKP650omSdCf%2FI%3D&reserved=0>

Contact:

Eva Carbonaro

Director of Marketing, Outreach and Events

Wild Care Cape Cod

Cell: 347-723-6001

Email: events at wildcarecapecod.org<mailto:events at wildcarecapecod.org>

www.wildcarecapecod.org<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wildcarecapecod.org%2F&data=05%7C01%7CSemco%40whoi.edu%7C2c312cbdc55e48277a0808da39a21e81%7Cd44c5cc6d18c46cc8abd4fdf5b6e5944%7C0%7C0%7C637885666573366528%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C2000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=TGcX2%2FWDWhaep671v0o4QdIcVCebhcNsivAcn4kVKX4%3D&reserved=0>

(Photos: Kerry Reid)

Wild Care’s Wildlife Baby Shower Wish List

Tissues (no lotion or fragrance)

Bleach (No additives or scent. Must say: kills 99.9 % germs)

Paper Towels

7th Generation Laundry Detergent

Latex or Nitrile gloves (all sizes)

Heating Pads 10x10 or 24’’ with 3 heat settings

(no auto shut off please)

Pillow cases

Towels (no frills or holes)

Shelled walnuts (unsalted, no additives)

Mixed nuts with shells (unsalted, no additives)

Mixed frozen berries

No-melt suet

Pedialyte (unflavored)

Butterfly Habitats (small, medium and large size)

Rice Socks (for heat)

Tree Bark

Gift cards from:

Shaw’s