[Classifieds] MAY GROCERY LIST FOR THE FALMOUTH SERVICE CENTER

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Fri Apr 28 14:12:30 EDT 2023

Dear Falmouth Service Center Friends,

Attached please find the Service Center’s May grocery list for your use as we turn the calendar to May on Monday.

March and April have been very busy months here on Gifford Street, and what follows are a few grocery facts and financial assistance facts you may find useful and interesting to those in your community of friends, neighbors and colleagues:

·         175,000 pounds of food were distributed to 4,000 individuals during the months of March and April.

·         Just this week, we served 620 households, including those families who visited our mobile market at Joint Base Cape Cod on April 26.

·         In the first four months of the year, 25% (or 440 households) of the 1781 households picking up groceries were new to our FSC programs.

·         The Service Center provided $84,681 in financial assistance to 68 Falmouth households, largely in support of their housing and utilities, during March and April.

·         The annual Letter Carriers Food Drive, Stamp Out Hunger, will be held on Saturday, May 13, 2023.   Please encourage your neighbors and friends to use the grocery list below and to leave these items for their postal carriers on that Saturday morning.  All donations will be delivered to the Service Center that afternoon.

We are proud and grateful to live in such a generous community, and we thank you especially for supporting our neighbors in need.

Best, Sharon and the entire FSC staff team

Sharon Howard

Volunteer Coordinator

Falmouth Service Center

611 Gifford Street

Falmouth, MA   02540

508-548-2794

sharonh at falmouthservicecenter.org

www.falmouthservicecenter.org<http://www.falmouthservicecenter.org>

[cid:fab9a401-e4a5-4aca-baf7-6b4f93afbf24]