[Classifieds] Small Non-Profit seeks 400-hour/year Support

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Fri Jul 7 12:31:29 EDT 2023

Join the SWCS Southern New England Chapter team as
ADMINISTRATOR / EVENT COORDINATOR!

SWCS Southern New England Chapter (SNEC) is a small 501(c)(3) organization whose objective is to promote, educate and advance all phases of the science of conservation of soil, water and all related resources. We seek a self-motivated contractor residing in CT, MA, or RI to handle administrative matters, coordinate educational events and outreach activities, and provide support to a volunteer Board of Directors on a part-time basis (currently 400 hours/year with opportunity for expansion).

     > Experience managing website content and coordinating events is MANDATORY.
     > Conservation experience is a plus, but not required.
     > Flexible Hours - Work from Home (except 2-5 days per year)

JOB DESCRIPTION:
SNEC is a small non-profit organization that relies heavily on its volunteer Board of Directors. We serve our members and the regional conservation community primarily by providing opportunities for professional development and networking; the bulk of effort under this contract will stem from SNEC events and associated activities.

Other typical duties include handling correspondence, managing website and social media content, and supporting outreach campaigns. The selected contractor will assist the Board with monthly and event-planning virtual meetings, action item follow-up, and elections. The estimated level of effort for the scope of work described below is 400 hours/year.

The workload for this position fluctuates throughout the year but is relatively predictable; the months leading up to our winter conference are the busiest and summer is slowest. SNEC has no office space or supplies. The contractor provides their own workspace and personal computer. Aside from four events described below, the scope of work for this contract is accomplished remotely.
     > FULL AD POSTED AT
https://swcssnec.org/administrator-event-coordinator/#

TO APPLY:
   >  Applications must include at least one link to a website that demonstrates your content management capability and at least one event page link or program from an event you coordinated.
   >    Contact information for a minimum of two references appropriate to this job description is required.
   >    Submit your 1-PAGE resume and the above requested information to info at swcs.org<mailto:info at swcs.org>
   >    DEADLINE:  5 P.M. on JULY 16,2023

For questions contact us at info at swcssnec.org<mailto:info at swcssnec.org>. To learn more about SWCS Southern New England Chapter, visit https://swcssnec.org<https://swcssnec.org/>.

Thank you!