[Classifieds] Looking for Old Powerbook Parts (PowerPC 3400, 5300)

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Tue Jul 11 11:08:47 EDT 2023

Hi,

It is Yet Another Retro-Computing Challenge Week somewhere, (this time
among SDF users). I was hoping to get my old Apple Powerbook 3400c back
in service as a NetBSD 9 system so I can post to my gopherspace phlog
in [secure] style but my hopes have been dashed by a buggy OpenFirmware
implementation (no netbooting) and a failing CD-ROM drive. I'm hoping
that somebody in our community has one of these old machines, or perhaps
compatible parts, sitting in a box or a drawer that they just haven't
gotten around to tossing out yet. If you have something like this and
have been waiting for the right opportunity to rid yourself of it, let
me know. I'll see if I can give it new life. I'm really looking for an
internal CD-ROM drive, floppy drive, or a 25-pin SCSI zip drive but
resurrecting the dead takes an open mind so I can't be too picky.

Thanks for your time,
Rich.
rfox at mbl.edu