[Classifieds] APRIL GROCERY LIST FROM THE FALMOUTH SERVICE CENTER ATTACHED

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Thu Mar 30 10:15:51 EDT 2023

From: Sharon Howard <sharonh at falmouthservicecenter.org>
Date: Thursday, March 30, 2023 at 9:51 AM
Subject: APRIL GROCERY LIST FROM THE FALMOUTH SERVICE CENTER ATTACHED
Greetings from the Falmouth Service Center,

Attached please find FSC's grocery list for your use as we turn the calendar on Saturday to April.

In her recent report to the FSC Board, executive director Kerin Delaney shared just a few numbers that you might find useful:
·         162,728 TOTAL pounds of food (=18,284 bags) were distributed in January and February.  This is a 173.5% increase over the same time last year when we distributed 10,535 bags.
·         In the second week of March, FSC served 498 households in eight hours of grocery distribution (Tuesday-Friday), the highest ever in one week.
·         During January & February, FSC provided $54,869 of financial assistance to 46 client households, largely in support of their housing and utility expenses.
·         Boy Scout Troop 42 ran a very successful Food Drive for FSC in mid-March at both Stop & Shop and Shaw's for a grand total of 1200 pounds of groceries, plus generous donations of cash.
We remain so grateful to the community for the support being shown to neighbors in need during these challenging economic times.  Whatever your organization can do to help in the month of April will be much appreciated.

Best, Sharon and the entire FSC staff team

Sharon Howard
Volunteer Coordinator
Falmouth Service Center
611 Gifford Street
Falmouth, MA   02540
508-548-2794
sharonh at falmouthservicecenter.org
www.falmouthservicecenter.org<http://www.falmouthservicecenter.org>
[cid:2456f939-339e-4b1a-bf92-24548b393033]