[Classifieds] Free documentary "Stewart Udall and the Politics of Beauty" this Friday Oct. 13, 3:00 PM

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Tue Oct 10 18:49:06 EDT 2023

The documentary film "Stewart Udall and the Politics of Beauty" is being shown on Friday Oct. 13, 3:00 PM, in the Falmouth Public Library main branch (Hermann Room).

Director John de Graaf will be there and will answer questions afterward.  See attached document about the free event. You can see a trailer for the movie here:
http://www.bullfrogfilms.com/catalog/stew.html

Stewart Udall was an environmental visionary who served as Secretary of the Interior under Kennedy and Johnson. He was remarkably effective at establishing national parks and our own local Cape Cod National Seashore, while also being an advocate for active incorporation of underrepresented groups into environmental work. He highlighted Native American knowledge and perspective on our human relationship with the environment.

  *   If you're planning on going, please register ahead of time, so the library can plan enough chairs: https://www.falmouthpubliclibrary.org/events  (drop down to the section for Oct. 13, and you will find the little button to click to register.)

Zoe Cardon