[Classifieds] Research Experience for Teachers

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Mon Oct 30 11:28:45 EDT 2023

You're well into the school year. You're braced for the sugar highs and costume shenanigans of your students.

It's a great time to dream about and hear about a week at sea on an open-ocean research cruise*.
Tue, Nov 7, 12:00-1:00
*Mike O'Connor, from Waterford HS, gave the NES-LTER Data Jam a try last year with his HS students and was then eligible to go as a volunteer on our summer transect cruise during late July.  He'll share what he gained from the experience and how it has impacted his curriculum plans.
Register here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfkooCH4GoiLG3XE7WEKN0Qt-Dg3jb_LUpsmy9bSFhWm-mYGw/viewform?usp=sf_link> to receive the Zoom link or to receive a recording if your lunch doesn't mesh with our lunch. You can also indicate your interest in future webinars, dates TBD.

You'll also have time to ask questions and hear how you can efficiently do Data Jam with your students.  Why not give it a try!
Annette Laursen Brickley (she, her, hers)

S TEMming the Gaps Consulting<https://www.stemmingthegaps.com/>
NES-LTER<http://nes-lter.whoi.edu/> Education & Outreach Coord.
Mattapoisett, MA
207-951-6273 (mobile)