[Physiofaculty] MBL Physiology 2015: Microscope Systems

Brzostowski, Joseph (NIH/NIAID) [E] brzostowskij at niaid.nih.gov
Thu May 21 12:39:16 EDT 2015

Hi Folks,

I am the coordinator for everything microscopy for the course.  Attached and below you will find the awesome list of microscopy systems that we get to play with this summer!

I am sure most of you are aware that this course would not be possible without the generosity of the microscope vendors and we can't thank them enough for their equipment and the wonderful personnel they send to support the course.

Please note the tentatives, and when the scopes will be present at the course. Feel free to email me questions.

I am looking forward to working with all of you this summer !

My best,

Joe

PS: A quick note to the TAs and Faculty that RappOpto is bringing their Ablation and FRAP systems for the Zeiss spinning disk confocal.  While this scope is open to the MBL community at large, the company is sending representatives for about 5 weeks to work with the students for our course.  Their FRAP system was at the course last summer and it was quite fast.  They weren't sure they were going to make it this summer due to cost but in the end have decided to come.  I am hopeful that we can utilize the equipment.

Andor also plans to bring an ablation system for the spinning disk that will be on our floor, but that has yet to be confirmed.

--
Joseph Brzostowski, Ph.D.
LIG Imaging Facility, Chief

Mobile: 240-599-6364
Cu Wire: 301-443-2967
Fax: 301-402-0259

jb363a at nih.gov

Microscope Systems on the third floor specifically for Physiology

Wide Field Systems:
Nikon full course

Zeiss #1 Full course

Zeiss #2 Full course

Zeiss #3 BootCamp – Session 1

Leica DMIL Session 3

IncucyteZOOM Sessions 1-3 – go here: http://www.essenbioscience.com/essen-products/incucyte/

Zeiss AxioZoom with standard CCD and high speed (3000 fps) camera Sessions 1-3

Nikon and Zeiss epi/diascopic upright scopes Session 3

Spinning and TIRF Systems
Olympus TIRF/SDC combo Full course

Nikon TIRF-only system Full course

Andor Diskovery TIRF/SDC combo with pattern illumination for optogenetics Sessions 1-3

Andor SDC with Ablation (tentative on ablation) Sessions 1-3

Super-resolution Systems
GE OMX latest release Session 1

Leica SP8-STED Session 1

Leica GSD (still tentative) Session 1

Laser Scanning Confocal Systems
Olympus FluoView Full course

Leica SP8-STED Session 1 (note: not an additional system)

Microscope Systems in the basement freely available for the course

Wide Field Systems:
Zeiss
 Full course

Spinning and TIRF Systems
Zeiss SDC with Ablation and FRAP Full course

Super-resolution Systems
Nikon SIM Full course

Nikon STORM (also TIRF but no incubation) Full course

Zeiss 880 with Airy Scan Full course

Nikon A1R+ (using small pinhole + Decon) Full course

Laser Scanning Confocal Systems
Zeiss 880 with Airy Scan Full course (note: not an additional system)

Nikon A1R+  Full course (note: not an additional system)

Leica SP8 Full course

Light Sheet Systems
Nikon diSPIM Full course

Leica SPIM Full course (to be confirmed)