[Physiofaculty] Lunch and Learn

Brzostowski, Joseph (NIH/NIAID) [E] brzostowskij at niaid.nih.gov
Wed Jun 15 12:40:58 EDT 2016

Dear Students,

Each year we have a fun, casual seminar series from 12 to 1PM in the fish bowl on the third floor here in Loeb where you will have an opportunity to learn about the basics behind the microscopes, technology and techniques that you will be using throughout the course directly from the manufacturers.

In addition, we will have two special lectures on light sheet technology from Wes Legant on the Lattice and Hari Schroff on the diSPIM !

Below are the dates, topics and speakers.

Sandwich wraps will be provided by the cafeteria.  Either Steven or I will come around a few days prior to see what kind of sandwich you'd prefer.  The sandwiches are optional if you want to grab lunch afterward before the cafeteria closes at 1:30.

My Best,

Joe

June 21: Jim McIlvain, Zeiss, Confocal/Fluorescence microscopy basics

June 23: Catalin Chiritescu, Quantitative Phase Microscopy

June 28: Ulf Schwartz, Leica, STED

June 30: Wes Legant, Janelia Farm, Lattice Light Sheet

July 5: Aurelien Duboin, Protein Printing PRIMO

July 7: Patrina Pellet, General Electric, Structured Illumination Microscopy

July 12: Hari Schroff, NIH, Research Talk, Light Sheet (to be confirmed)

July 14: Jim Sims, Hamamatsu, CCD and CMOS Camera Technology

July 19: Jim McIlvain, Diffraction Limit of Light, Abbe Demo

--
Joseph Brzostowski, Ph.D.
LIG Imaging Facility, Chief

Mobile: 240-599-6364