[Physiofaculty] a few items relevant to final week

Rob Phillips phillips at pboc.caltech.edu
Sat Jul 21 11:29:32 EDT 2018

Dear All,

What a pleasure it has been to share this magical summer with you at MBL.
Hard as it is to believe, a week from today is our final student symposium
and our goodbye.  There are two items that need your attention this week:

1) On Thursday at 5pm in the Sweatbox we will have final lightning talks.
These talks should each be less than 5 minutes and you need to send me
your slides in pdf format by 3pm on Thursday.  This is voluntary and you
only give a talk if you want to.  We will have beer and pizza during our
celebration. The idea of these talks is to say something about your
experience this summer.

2) Post course research.  As we have mentioned several times,
there is a mechanism for you to apply for post course research
to spend time in the lab of one of the PIs from your rotations this summer.
I am attaching the application form.  You need to fill out the application
and a budget and submit to Wallace, Jennifer and me in one pdf
format by Aug. 5, 2019.  The idea of post-course is to pursue a project
that you had traction on while here and that would benefit from you
spending between a week and a few months in the lab of the PI you
worked with.

Best,
Rob

Rob Phillips
Fred and Nancy Morris Professor of Biophysics and Biology
1200 E. California Blvd.
159 Broad / 114-96
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, CA 91125