[PhysioStudents] Bill and Doug

Marshall, Wallace Wallace.Marshall at ucsf.edu
Sun Jun 28 22:45:46 EDT 2015

Dear Students,
      I remembered that during the biochem bootcamp I was talking to a few of you about "the Salvation of Doug" and "the Demise of Bill" - two wonderful essays that describe the difference in conceptual approach between classical genetics and classical biochemistry, written by Bill Sullivan and Doug Kellogg.   Bill and Doug were postdocs together at UCSF and then they both became faculty at Santa Cruz and their two essays provide I think a really nice view into different ways to study biology.  they are also quite funny.   anyway here is a pdf of their two essays.  enjoy!

  regards,
          Wallace