[Xenopus] Please send to me your cherished validated gene and protein sequences

Leon Peshkin peshkin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 15:52:17 EST 2023

Dear Xenopus Community
     we are in the process of re-mapping the resources raw data, that is
the single cell atlas in adult and embryo as protein expression in adult
and embryo. The most recent version(s) of the genomes are a great step
forward in both the DNA sequence quality and gene models, however the gene
models seem to be a few step behind the chromosome sequence quality.
   We are writing in a hope that over the years you have assembled and
meticulously validated your favorite sequences and would not mind sharing
with us both cDNA and protein sequences. It might be a set related to
Histone variants, Immunity, Seleno proteins or some of not so
challenging sets, but if you do not share your collections with us we can
not provide the expression information ... so please ... send a message
with "golden Xennopus sequences" Subject line to us also stating the
species, the process of curation and the sequences as a FASTA file

   THANK YOU

     -Leon Peshkin  (peshkin at gmail.com)

Also reminding you to check out our chapter which is discussing some of
these issues
"The Development of High-Resolution Proteomic Analyses in Xenopus"

https://www.taylorfrancis.com/chapters/oa-edit/10.1201/9781003050230-15/development-high-resolution-proteomic-analyses-xenopus-elizabeth-van-itallie-leonid-peshkin