[Xenopus] How can I obtain some activin for my developmental biology class?

Curran, Kris currank at uww.edu
Tue Nov 27 10:20:34 EST 2012

Dear Colleagues,
                I am planning to teach developmental biology next semester.  This class has not been taught in 3 years at my institution.  I am hoping to include a lab on mesodermal induction but also on induction of heart using activin.  Where can I find an affordable source of activin (my class budget is under $500, yikes)?  Does anyone actively make this in their lab anymore???
Thanks for any advice you have!
Kris

Kristen L. Curran
Associate Professor