[Xenopus] a database of gene expression profiles

Mike Gilchrist mgilchr at nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Apr 28 11:57:47 EDT 2014

Dear Xenopus PIs,

This is just to let you know that we have made publicly available our
database of gene expression profiles in Xenopus tropicalis, as
described in the recent paper in Development (reference below).
You can find the web page at:
http://genomics.nimr.mrc.ac.uk/apps/profiles/

The database covers time points from fertilisation through to late
gastrulation.
You can search by single or multiple gene symbol or partial text
match, and it will display profiles for multiple genes at the same
time. You can also search by gene sequence, as in some of our other
applications.
And you can search by (notional) activation times.

The most informative searches will probably be from the Series 1 and
2 joined data, but if you want to see a comparison between
polyadenylated (crosses) and total mRNA (squares) then select Series
3, and click through from the first chart to the single gene page data.

If you have suggestions as to how we might improve the interface then
please feel free to let me know, although we may not be able to
implement everything you think of. We are working with Xenbase to
export our data and display these expression profiles in the relevant
gene pages - this may take a little while to implement, so please be patient.

Best wishes,
mike

reference:
High-resolution analysis of gene activity during the Xenopus
mid-blastula transition.
Collart C, Owens ND, Bhaw-Rosun L, Cooper B, De Domenico E, Patrushev
I, Sesay AK, Smith JN, Smith JC, Gilchrist MJ.
Development. 2014 May;141(9):1927-39. doi: 10.1242/dev.102012.
PMID: 24757007

Mike Gilchrist
MRC National Institute for Medical Research
The Ridgeway
Mill Hill
London NW7 1AA
UK