[Xenopus] Thank you-Xenopus mutation grant

National Xenopus Resource xenopus at mbl.edu
Wed Oct 1 08:49:17 EDT 2014

Dear Xenopus community,
Thank you to everyone who sent in letters of support and/or filled out the Xenopus Mutant Survey in response to my emails. I received many more letters of support and responses than I expected, and more than enough to write the grant. I am happy to say that I have submitted an R01 to the Xenopus PAR to make 100-200 mutants for the community. If this grant is funded we can then begin making these mutants for the community.
This project is for the community so when we start working on it we will contact each individual who responded to the Mutant survey to discuss plans for the specific mutant requested. The goal is to interact with each of you to identify the targeted region. Our hope is that we can make over 30 mutant lines each year.

Once again I would like to thank each of you for your support in this project and I look forward to working with you on making these mutant lines.

Sincerely,

Marko Horb

Marko Horb, Ph.D.
Director, National Xenopus Resource (NXR)
Marine Biological Laboratory
7 MBL Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543

Email: xenopus at mbl.edu