[Xenopus] Xenopus Genome Editing Workshop - Registration now open

National Xenopus Resource xenopus at mbl.edu
Wed Sep 3 12:27:13 EDT 2014

Dear Xenophiles,
As mentioned last week at the conference the Genome Editing Workshop will be held Sunday Nov 9- Saturday Nov 15. Registration is now open, but attendance is limited so register early. I can offer some financial assistance to those that require it, so pleas let me know. At the moment the cost breakdown is as follows:
Event housing, meals and registration, Single room - $2500
Event housing, meals and registration, Double room - $2200
Event meals and registration (no housing) - $1900

To Register click on the link
Link.

Included in the cost are essential lab consumables and frogs, including designing and cloning sgRNA in advance or TALEN pairs specific for your own research. In addition, the NXR will create and raise one line for each attendee. Since the goal of the workshop is to learn the techniques and procedures it is not imperative that you actually create your line during the 5 days. This cost is a bit higher than previous workshops however, there are more goodies included in the cost.

Topics covered include:
CRISPR/Cas and TALEN theoretical and practical applications
Essentials of cloning sgRNAs
Essentials of genotyping
Maternal host transfer technique
Both laevis and tropicalis will be used

The goal is for you to practice the techniques using already known sgRNAs and TALENs and then use your own. Ideally you will become competent in the techniques and implement them in your own lab. In addition for those who have limited experience in tropicalis this is a perfect time to get comfortable with them.

We should have a more advanced syllabus for the workshop by Sept 15th. Registration will close October 17th so get on board and register early.

Looking forward to seeing you in November

Marko

Marko Horb, Ph.D.
Director, National Xenopus Resource (NXR)
Marine Biological Laboratory
7 MBL Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543

Email: xenopus at mbl.edu