[Xenopus] Imaging Workshop - Registration now OPEN

National Xenopus Resource xenopus at mbl.edu
Mon Jan 12 11:37:49 EST 2015

Happy New Year
I hope all are doing well and looking forward to a great year. The next NXR workshop will be the Advanced Imaging Workshop and will be held March 8-15. This workshop was last held in November 2013 with John Wallingford, Lance Davidson and Scott Fraser teaching. These same instructors are returning to teach this workshop once again. It is an exciting workshop that will cover the following topics:
1) A primer on microscopes and optics with a focus on practical considerations.
2) Imaging immunostained Xenopus embryos in whole-mount.
3) Live imaging of cells and tissues in intact Xenopus using fluorescent fusion proteins.
4) Live imaging of cells and tissues in explants.
5) Computational post-processing of images for presentation/display.
6) Development of custom imaging assays for students.
One of the attendees from the first workshop wrote a small piece about his experience at the Imaging Workshop in 2013. Have a look at that:
http://www.nature.com/scitable/blog/conferencecast/more_than_just_meetings_xenopus

The cost of the workshop is $2500 for a single room and $2200 for a shared room. Costs include all room and board for the entire week. The NXR is able to offer scholarships to select students. If you are in need of a scholarship please email me to discuss options. We strive to ensure that everyone who wants to attend is able to do so. To register please click on the following link:

Registration LINK

We look forward to welcoming you the MBL in March for an exciting workshop

Sincerely,

Marko Horb

Marko Horb, Ph.D.
Director, National Xenopus Resource (NXR)
Marine Biological Laboratory
7 MBL Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543

Email: xenopus at mbl.edu