[Xenopus] Bioinformatics hire

National Xenopus Resource xenopus at mbl.edu
Mon Apr 11 08:22:56 EDT 2016

The following is from Yun-Bo Shi.

Dear Xenopus Community,
I’m writing to request your help in recruiting a Bioinformatics Analyst at the level of ResearchFellow/Senior Research Fellow who will collaborate with eight different P.I.s in our Division at NIH to analyze large genomics and proteomics data sets. (Our Division includes Mary Dasso, Tom Dever, Alan Hinnebusch, Henry Levin, Jon Lorsch, Matthias Machner, Yun-bo Shi, and Gigi Storz.) This analyst will recommend optimum computational tools and statistical tests, facilitate completion of analyses, and generate figures and tables for publications in ongoing and future projects in each of our labs. He/she would also improve existing computational methods and construct pipelines for facile data analysis.
The minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a degree in Biological Sciences or Chemistry with formal training and experience in statistical programming and computational methods. Post-doctoral experience working with large sequence datasets and statistical analysis is preferred. We’re looking for an independent, analytical thinker with strong communication skills and the ability to work with individuals of varying computing/statistics expertise.
If you know of anyone with these qualifications who would be enthusiastic about genome/proteome-wide approaches to basic cellular mechanisms, and collaborating with multiple scientists in an informal but rigorous setting, please bring the attached job announcement to their attention. We would also appreciate it if you would post copies of this announcement in your lab/Department job notice bulletin boards.
AS YOU KNOW, FROG BIOINFORMATICS ANALYSIS HAS BEEN PARTICULAR CHALLENGING. SO, IT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL FOR DR. DASSO'S GROUP AND MINE TO RECRUIT SOMEONE WITH EXPERTISE OR EXPERIENCE IN XENOPUS BIOINFORMATICS ANALYSIS.
Many thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Yun-Bo

If the NXR contributed to your work please cite us in your papers.

Cite us in the acknowledgements: National Xenopus Resource RRID:SCR_013731

Cite us in your references: Pearl, E. et al "Development of Xenopus resource centers: the National Xenopus Resource and the European Xenopus Resource Center" Genesis 50, 155-163

Marko Horb, Ph.D.
Director, National Xenopus Resource (NXR)
Marine Biological Laboratory
7 MBL Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543

Email: xenopus at mbl.edu