[Xenopus] Antibody Grant

Almouzni Pettinotti Genevieve genevieve.almouzni at curie.fr
Fri Sep 8 10:59:57 EDT 2017

Super !!!
Bravo

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 8 sept. 2017 à 16:52, Dominique Alfandari <alfandar at vasci.umass.edu<mailto:alfandar at vasci.umass.edu>> a écrit :

Dear colleagues,
I am happy to say that we have finally received the notice of award for our NIH grant to produce and characterize 100 monoclonal antibody against Xenopus proteins.
This is a 4 year grant that is designed to produce antibodies to membrane protein, signaling receptors and transcription factors using multiple approaches. The essential goal of our project is to produce antibodies that work in embryos by blot/IF/IP.

One part of the project is to identify key proteins, for which there is no cross reacting antibodies, and that are critical for the community. These targets will be produced as flag-tagged protein expressed in Hek293T cells and used to immunize mice.

For people working on transcription factors, I would strongly recommend that you look at the antibodies developed by the DSHB. They provide sup for very cheap. We have been able to test several of them that do cross react (e.g Arid3a, Sox10).

If you are interested and would like (1 to propose a target or (2 be on a committee that help select the highest priority targets, please email me. (Some of you have done this a long time ago but a refresher could be good).

1 what is your target?
2 What did you do to find if existing antibody may cross react?
3 Do you have your full length tagged in CS2 with Flag (any other vector with a CMV promoter is acceptable).

All antibody will be validated on embryo extract/whole mount immunostaining/IP-LC/ms/ms and will be available at the DSHB. The characterization files will be integrated in Xenbase with the appropriate gene page.

I plan to hire 2 technicians for this project (Add to follow).

Thank you for your attention. I hope to hear from you.
Dom

Dominique Alfandari
PhD. Professor
alfandar at vasci.umass.edu<mailto:alfandar at vasci.umass.edu>