[Xenopus] Antibody

Lemire, Joan M Joan.Lemire at tufts.edu
Wed Sep 27 14:31:07 EDT 2017

The list has hcn3 and hcn4.  i thought we were asking for hcn2 and hcn4.
Thanks.
joan

On Sep 27, 2017, at 8:55 AM, Dominique Alfandari <alfandar at vasci.umass.edu<mailto:alfandar at vasci.umass.edu>> wrote:

Dear all,
Here is the most recent list of antibodies that have been requested thus far. I have indicated with a start, 1 if more than one person asked for it, and 2 if I already have it in the lab as a flag-tagged construct. It would be greatly appreciated if you could take 5 min to look at the list and give me some feed back.
1 vote for your top 5
2 tell me if you know of an existing antibody that recognize any of these protein.
3 Add a candidate of your own.

There are a few criteria that will influence the order of my pick. 1) antibody to transcription factor are easier to make than those of secreted or transmembrane proteins. 2) the larger proteins are more difficult to produce. 3) the least abundant protein are more difficult to detect even with a good antibody.

With this in mind please help us make the best tool. The money is not yet available (A few more weeks) so the more prep work I do now the faster the antibody will be produced.
As part of the proof of principle for this grant we have already produced a great antibody for loading control. It works by IF, IP and western blot with as little as 0.5 embryo. It is expressed in all cells at all stages and is en ER resident that gets pull down with Con-A. It was produced against live XTC cells and recognizes the ribophorin 1 protein RPN1. We also produced a monoclonal to PCNS (Pcdh8l) that works for IF, IP and western blot and is a great marker for neural crest.

Here is the file:

Dominique Alfandari
PhD. Professor
alfandar at vasci.umass.edu<mailto:alfandar at vasci.umass.edu>