[Xenopus] Xenopus Cottage

National Xenopus Resource xenopus at mbl.edu
Tue Dec 14 10:34:12 EST 2021

Hello Xenophiles
            Hope everyone is doing well and are looking forward to 2022. I am writing to remind people that the R24 grant I received provides support for housing for any visitor to the NXR. We have a dedicated cottage here at the MBL which they now refer to as the Xenopus Cottage. If you think you would benefit from coming to the NXR to work on any of our animals (mutant or transgenic) in 2022 then let me know so you can reserve your place in the cottage. It is a 2 bedroom cottage and multiple people (e.g. grad students or postdocs or family) can stay. Right now only January is booked and the rest of the year is wide open. It is first come first serve so email me if you want to reserve specific dates. It has been a good 2021 for users of the Xenopus Cottage as we have had 14 different visitors. If you want to know what it’s like I’d be happy to put you in touch with others.
            I have been updating the NXR resources so you can do as many experiments here as possible. We have acquired a vibratome allowing you to do some sectioning here as well. Don’t waste this opportunity and the more people who come the better it looks for the renewal. If I don’t have many visitors then it will be harder to justify the cost in the renewal.

marko

Marko Horb, Ph.D. |Director, National Xenopus Resource (NXR) |Senior Scientist, Bell Center for Regenerative Biology and Tissue Engineering
Marine Biological Laboratory | 7 MBL Street | Woods Hole, MA 02543
Email: mhorb at mbl.edu<mailto:mhorb at mbl.edu> | Office: 508-289-7627 | Lab: 508-289-7370 | Cell:  508-564-3764

http://www.mbl.edu/horb
http://www.mbl.edu/xenopus
Twitter<https://twitter.com/xenopusnxr>

If the NXR contributed to your work please acknowledge us in your publications and talks.
Cite us in Materials and Methods as National Xenopus Resource RRID:SCR_013731 at the Marine Biological Laboratory and in the Acknowledgements you can just mention the National Xenopus Resource.
Cite us in your references: Horb M. et. al. (2019). Xenopus resources: transgenic, inbred and mutant animals, training opportunities, and web-based support. Front Physiol. 10:387. PMCID: PMC6497014