[Xenopus] Request for information about Xenopus food

National Xenopus Resource xenopus at mbl.edu
Tue Nov 9 10:13:14 EST 2021

Hi All
            A group from Germany is seeking some information about Xenopus food and what the community feeds their frogs. They are asking for input via a questionnaire. I am pasting their email below my signature.

Marko

Marko Horb, Ph.D. |Director, National Xenopus Resource (NXR) |Senior Scientist, Bell Center for Regenerative Biology and Tissue Engineering
Marine Biological Laboratory | 7 MBL Street | Woods Hole, MA 02543
Email: mhorb at mbl.edu<mailto:mhorb at mbl.edu> | Office: 508-289-7627 | Lab: 508-289-7370 | Cell:  508-564-3764

http://www.mbl.edu/horb
http://www.mbl.edu/xenopus
Twitter<https://twitter.com/xenopusnxr>

If the NXR contributed to your work please acknowledge us in your publications and talks.
Cite us in Materials and Methods as National Xenopus Resource RRID:SCR_013731 at the Marine Biological Laboratory and in the Acknowledgements you can just mention the National Xenopus Resource.
Cite us in your references: Horb M. et. al. (2019). Xenopus resources: transgenic, inbred and mutant animals, training opportunities, and web-based support. Front Physiol. 10:387. PMCID: PMC6497014

Dear EXRC- Team,

I´m writing to you because I know that you/your institute work with xenopus. Perhaps you do also know a larger number of researchers who work with Xenopus frogs? In the context of lab animal nutrition, we became interested in Xenopus frogs and the diets they are fed in lab animal facilities. Together with colleagues at the Chair for Animal Nutrition and Dietetics LMU/Munich,
we are trying to get an overview of the current feeding practice. It would be great if you could help us by distributing (and also answer) the following link to our questionnaire:

https://www.surveymonkey.de/r/YZKFSPB

We will treat the responses anonymously and not connect institutions with feeding practices in our interpretation of results.

Thank you very much in advance and best regards,

Dana Matzek
bachelor professional of animal care and management

BioMedical Center - BMC - LMU
Core Facility Animal Models - CAM
Großhaderner Str. 9; N.D.U2.006
82152 Planegg- Martinsried