[Xenopus] Come to the NXR for research

National Xenopus Resource xenopus at mbl.edu
Mon Dec 5 12:55:43 EST 2022

Hello Xenopus community,
            Want to remind people that the NXR is open to visiting researchers wishing to come for short or long term visits. As part of the R24 grant (Xenopus Mutant Resource) housing is available at no cost for any visitors. It is a 2 bedroom cottage that can sleep 4 people. So far only a few weeks have been taken in 2023.
            You may ask why come to the NXR for research? Well here is a list of reasons:

  1.  Access to all transgenic lines.
  2.  Access to mutant lines
  3.  The NXR has all your equipment and reagent needs.
  4.  You can come and make a mutant line and the NXR will grow it.
  5.  Single cell sequencing. The single cell sequencing platform should be up and running soon. We have an Onyx system and a 10X system that can be used.

Access is first come first serve. So find out if you want to come anytime next year. A few weeks in June are booked and two weeks in July. Otherwise the cottage is available. The R24 grant that supports this is for the community and my staff will work with you during your stay. We have hosted people for periods ranging from 1 week to 6 weeks. This is an excellent opportunity and I encourage people to take advantage of it, especially as I have to renew the grant at the end of next year.

Feel free to reach out with any questions you might have.

Marko

-------------------------------------
Marko Horb, Ph.D.
Director, National Xenopus Resource (NXR)
Senior Scientist, Bell Center for Regenerative Biology and Tissue Engineering
Marine Biological Laboratory
7 MBL Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543

Email: mhorb at mbl.edu<mailto:mhorb at mbl.edu>