[Xenopus] Request for information

National Xenopus Resource xenopus at mbl.edu
Fri Jul 14 10:27:25 EDT 2023

Dear Xenopus community
          I am in urgent need of information pertaining to users of NXR, whether frog sales, visits to NXR or workshops or XRET attendance. Specifically this pertains to anyone funded by NICHD. If you ever bought frogs, attended XRET or sent students to an NXR workshop since 2017 can you please email me information about your NICHD funding? Additionally if you have any publications since 2017 funded by NICHD in which you used NXR resources that information will also be useful.
          The NXR is funded by OD and NICHD and NICHD contributes 30% of NXR funding. But it seems NICHD is looking for ways to reduce funding to resources and I did to obtain information about NICHD funded researchers who benefit from the NXR. I have tabulated that about 20% of NXR customers are funded by NICHD and it would be helpful to bring this information to my Program Officer so that the NXR does not lose any funding

Marko

-------------------------------------
Marko Horb, Ph.D.
Director, National Xenopus Resource (NXR)
Senior Scientist, Bell Center for Regenerative Biology and Tissue Engineering
Marine Biological Laboratory
7 MBL Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543
Email: mhorb at mbl.edu<mailto:mhorb at mbl.edu>
Office: 508-289-7627
Lab:    508-289-7370
Cell:   508-564-3764
https://www.mbl.edu/xenopus<https://www.mbl.edu/research/resources-research-facilities/national-xenopus-resource>
If the NXR contributed to your work please acknowledge us in your publications and talks.
Cite us in Materials and Methods as National Xenopus Resource RRID:SCR_013731 at the Marine Biological Laboratory and in the Acknowledgements you can just mention the National Xenopus Resource.
Cite us in your references: Horb M. et. al. (2019). Xenopus resources: transgenic, inbred and mutant animals, training opportunities, and web-based support. Front Physiol. 10:387. PMCID: PMC6497014