[Xenopus] FW: Tell your labs and depts to submit an abstract for The Allied Genetics Conference—the deadline is November 9!

National Xenopus Resource xenopus at mbl.edu
Fri Nov 3 14:18:44 EDT 2023

A polite reminder that the deadline for abstract submission is next week.

Marko

From: Maureen Barr <tagc2024organizers at genetics-gsa.org<mailto:tagc2024organizers at genetics-gsa.org>>
Subject: Tell your labs and depts to submit an abstract for The Allied Genetics Conference—the deadline is November 9!
Date: November 3, 2023 at 10:52:02 AM PDT
To: Anne Marie Mahoney <Mahoney at genetics-gsa.org<mailto:Mahoney at genetics-gsa.org>>

[cid:67EB79A6FFEEBA428E5B703A13772A8C at namprd19.prod.outlook.com]

Harmit Malik and I are excited to be Co-Chairs of a one-of-a-kind meeting: The Allied Genetics Conference<https://genetics-gsa.org/tagc-2024/> (TAGC) 2024. TAGC offers organism-focused and topic-focused sessions, all in one place, unlike other scientific conferences.

We urge you to encourage early career scientists in your department to submit an abstract – every submission will be assigned either an oral talk or a poster! This is an outstanding opportunity to present at this international meeting. The abstract submission deadline is November 9 at 8 pm (EST).

We all know how important meetings are to the training and career development of early career researchers. Our lab members often have to choose between organism-specific or topic-focused meetings, but TAGC is an exceptional opportunity to benefit from both. TAGC brings together multiple participating communities including C. elegans, Drosophila, Mouse and Rat, PEQG, Plant, Xenopus, Zebrafish and more. Collaborative research drives discovery and advancement in the field, and learning about different scientific perspectives and interests expands our horizons and sparks new ideas.

With an exciting mix of sessions that focus on advances in genetics and genomics in a variety of research organisms, TAGC 2024 is designed to shape the big picture, include diverse voices, and showcase the fundamental unity of biology—all while providing the chance to spend time with old friends and valued colleagues from around the world.
]
TAGC, the Genetics Society of America’s flagship conference, promises a unique  large-scale conference with small-size meeting interactions. We’ve optimized the conference-going experience for early career scientists, designing new opportunities for all participants, investing in cross-community connections, and integrating the best features of each community-specific meeting into the larger event. Join us in March  for this one-of-a-kind event.

Conference Themes: https://genetics-gsa.org/tagc-2024/conference-themes/
Abstract FAQs: https://genetics-gsa.org/tagc-2024/abstract-submission/#abstract-submission-faqs<https://genetics-gsa.org/tagc-2024/abstract-submission/>

Questions? Please email gsaconferences at genetics-gsa.org<mailto:gsaconferences at genetics-gsa.org>

TAGC Co-chairs
Maureen Barr (Rutgers University) & Harmit Malik (Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center, Howard Hughes Medical Institute), Co-Chairs, TAGC 2024

[cid:8625E3D4A02DD34B944D17B4FE1380A4 at namprd19.prod.outlook.com]<https://genetics-gsa.org/tagc-2024/>