[Xenopus] Visit the NXR

National Xenopus Resource xenopus at mbl.edu
Tue Sep 12 14:15:55 EDT 2023

Dear All,
          A reminder that you should consider sending your students/postdocs/technicians to the NXR to work on any transgenic or mutant animal available. Housing is free and is provided as a cottage with 2 bedrooms (4 beds). Further, staff at the NXR will work closely with you during your time here. The cottage is available this Fall, winter, and spring. I am currently writing the renewal for the R24 grant (Xenopus Mutant Resource) that covers the cottage and all the work we are doing on making mutants. If renewed, then the cottage will be available again for another 4 years. You can come to make new mutants and do the experiments you need. We do have the equipment for single cell preparations as well. Please do take advantage of this opportunity as I know those who have come have been able to get a tremendous amount of work done.
          Further, if you want a new mutant made simply email me and I will put it in the pipeline. Those of you who were at the conference met some of my RAs and these are the same that would work with you. This is all about the community and ensuring that other researchers can see the power of genetics in Xenopus. We all look forward to assisting you in your research to help you get the results you need. That is why the NXR exists.

Sincerely,
Marko Horb

-------------------------------------
Marko Horb, Ph.D.
Director, National Xenopus Resource (NXR)
Senior Scientist, Bell Center for Regenerative Biology and Tissue Engineering
Marine Biological Laboratory
7 MBL Street
Woods Hole, MA 02543
Email: mhorb at mbl.edu<mailto:mhorb at mbl.edu>
Office: 508-289-7627
Lab:    508-289-7370
Cell:   508-564-3764
https://www.mbl.edu/xenopus<https://www.mbl.edu/research/resources-research-facilities/national-xenopus-resource>
If the NXR contributed to your work please acknowledge us in your publications and talks.
Cite us in Materials and Methods as National Xenopus Resource RRID:SCR_013731 at the Marine Biological Laboratory and in the Acknowledgements you can just mention the National Xenopus Resource.
Cite us in your references: Horb M. et. al. (2019). Xenopus resources: transgenic, inbred and mutant animals, training opportunities, and web-based support. Front Physiol. 10:387. PMCID: PMC6497014