[Classifieds] [classifieds] Cosmic Voice Series at Ocean Explorium Tonight!

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Tue Oct 13 14:20:46 EDT 2009

Cosmic Voice Series at Ocean Explorium Tonigh Hi All,

With the install of the Hubble Space Telescope Exhibit, we are fortunate to host some NASA speakers here in New Bedford. I think that you would enjoy the opportunity to hear them speak and to learn from them. The Ocean Explorium opens at 6:30 and the talk begins at 7pm. They last about one hour. The cost is $3 for adults, $2 for seniors and children. Members are free.

Please forward this on to anyone you think may be interested. We hope to see as many of them as possible!

October 13 ˆ Amber Straughn, a postdoctoral fellow in the Observational Cosmology Laboratory at Goddard, will talk about her research using data from the Hubble Space Telescope. Her talk is titled "Birth, Life and Expansion of the Universe"

October 27 Mark Clampin, the James Webb Space Telescope Observatory Project Scientist, will discuss the use of the Hubble Space Telescope in the discovery of Exoplanets.

Sincerely,

Abbey Spargo
Education Programs Coordinator
Ocean Explorium