[Classifieds] [classifieds] End of early registration nearing for Seabird & Whale Tales excursion

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Thu Aug 26 09:00:05 EDT 2010

From: "Carol Carson" <krillcarson at mac.com>

Seabird and Whale Tale Excursion

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Trip Time: 10 am to 6 pm

Cost: Pre-Sale $90 and then $100 after August 31st.

The end of early registration is quickly approaching for our all day marine wildlife excursion. Tickets are still available for this exciting pelagic trip to view seabirds, whales and other coastal marine wildlife off the shores of Cape Cod. See details below.

Join us for an all day, marine wildlife cruise to support marine education and wildlife conservation. The New England Coastal Wildlife Alliance (NECWA) with assistance from Captain John Whale Watching and Fishing Tours, Mass Audubon South Shore Sanctuaries, Natural History Services, South Shore Bird Club, and Bridgewater State College are hosting the Spring 2010 edition of a fundraising event called Seabird & Whale Tales.

During our excursion offshore, enjoy commentary from our wildlife experts including:

- Wayne Petersen (MA Audubon Society)

- David Clapp (Natural History Services)

- Jim Sweeney (South Shore Bird Club)

- Joanne Jarzobski (Captain John Whale Watching and Fishing Tours)

- and Dr. John Jahoda (Bridgewater State College)

Travel aboard the “Tails of the Sea”, a 110’ luxury commercial whale watching vessel owned and operated by Captain John Whale Watching and Fishing Tours out of Plymouth, MA. View seabirds, seals, whales, dolphins, basking sharks, ocean sunfish and other unique coastal marine wildlife that come to feed in the waters off Cape Cod and the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary.

Leave from the Plymouth Town Pier at 10 am and return by 6 pm. Trip activities include a plankton tow and demonstration, chumming for seabirds and a free onboard nature-themed raffle.

Tickets: Pre-Sale $90 and then $100 after August 31, 2010. To learn more about this trip or to download the registration form, go to http://www.necwa.org/trips.html .

For more information, call Krill Carson at 508-566-0009. Group rates also available. All proceeds from our Seabird & Whale Tale excursions go to support the many projects and activities conducted by NECWA, a registered 501(c) 3 non-profit organization.

Thank you, Carol "Krill" Carson

Marine Biologist and President, NECWA

Special Hotel Offer from Hampton Inn & Suites, Plymouth, MA

Stay at Hampton Inn & Suites in Plymouth Saturday night for only $89 plus tax. Included is Hampton's "On the House Hot Breakfast" on Saturday morning as well as shuttle