[Classifieds] [classifieds] Help save Woods Hole Market!

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Mon May 24 11:12:36 EDT 2010

From: "Adam Lazarus" <lazarusadam at gmail.com>

Hey, all-

As many of you may know, the deal in the works for over a year to finally open the Woods Hole Market has fallen through. There is currently no other plan for opening the market. A movement is underway to discuss how we might get this business, critical to the needs of residents as well as our local economy, back off the ground. Elise Hugus, a local journalist, and Steve Junker, Co-president of the Woods Hole Community Association, are hosting a meeting to discuss our options and to generate ideas toward this end.

All are welcome.

If you would like to be involved in any capacity, read Elise's note below and try to make it to the meeting on Thursday. The fate of the market affects everyone in Woods Hole.

-Adam

Hey everyone,

Trying to do a story about what's going on with the vacant Woods Hole Market, I got in touch with Steve Junker, a co-president of the Woods Hole Community Association. Given that legal and personal obstacles have kept that market from opening for over a year, a lot of people are concerned that there will never be a place to buy toilet paper and milk in WH! Since it's much harder to write a story about something that isn't happening than something that IS happening, Steve said he'd convene a group of people who are interested in making some kind of market happen this year.

So... I'm emailing you in the hopes you're interested in being part of the solution. Steve tentatively suggested meeting Thursday at 5 PM outside at Pie in the Sky, but didn't want to commit to that unless it was good for interested parties. Are you in? If so, please email Steve: junker at thoughtballoon.org . And feel free to fwd this email to whoever else you think might want to come!

Remember... if you don't like the news, go out and make it ;-)

-Elise

--
Adam ♫. Lazarus
lazarusadam at gmail.com