[Classifieds] [classifieds] New information about the Woods Hole Market meeting

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Wed May 26 10:12:29 EDT 2010

From: "Adam Lazarus" <lazarusadam at gmail.com>

--

Well, there is certainly a lot of energy out there when it comes to having a discussion about getting together a market in Woods Hole.

There has been a serious mis-communication about the proposed meeting on Thursday afternoon at 5pm.

To clarify:
The intention, as I understood it, was to have a small and informal discussion about creative alternatives for Woods Hole as it faces a second summer without a market. That is: how can we provide market goods to Woods Hole this summer?

I think this is a worthwhile, important discussion to have. Some possible answers might include:

    • enlisting various local businesses each to stock a section of market items; a few shelves of dry good available at one store, dairy items available at another, etc..
    • a market truck
    • some form of co-op (in what space?)
    • ?

If you are interested in helping work toward a solution, please come. I'm guessing we will have enough people to necessitate meeting on the lawn opposite the Post Office.

Please forward this as energetically as you did the first email on the subject.

Thanks.
Steve
--
Adam ♫. Lazarus