[Classifieds] [classifieds] Science-Meets-Dance on July 31 in MBL Club

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Wed Jul 2 14:15:17 EDT 2014

>From Larry Pratt: lpratt at whoi.edu

To the MBL Community:

We have organized a ‘science meets dance’ workshop and performance in Woods Hole on Thursday afternoon, July 31 . Attendees will be able to move and exchange ideas with with professional dancers from Contrapose Dance of Boston and their director Courtney Peix. The 1.5-hr workshop will be followed by a short performance by the Contrapose Dancers.

This event is part of a 3-year collaboration (funded in part by the National Science Foundation and the WHOI APO) to use ocean science to inform performance art. Courtney and I are interested in learning about what you do.

Absolutely no dance experience is necessary for the workshop. The event is free to all WHOI and MBL students and postdocs, but you must register with me since space is limited. Non-students are also welcome and we invite you to make a small donation or take part in our raffle to sustain the project.

Thursday, July 31 at the MBL Club

Workshop 3:30-5:00

Performance 5:15-5:45

Best, Larry

Larry Pratt

lpratt at whoi.edu

508-289-2540

(I’m also looking for one or two people to help with some minor organizational things, if anyone is interested.)