[Classifieds] Volunteer for Clean Water at the 2018 Watershed Ride

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Wed Sep 12 11:31:46 EDT 2018

Volunteer at the Buzzards Bay Coalition's 2018 Watershed Ride!

When: Sunday, September 30, 6am-6pm (shift times and locations vary by your availability)
Where: Little Compton to Woods Hole - and everything in between

The Buzzards Bay Watershed Ride<http://support.savebuzzardsbay.org/site/R?i=swcRNyTp3gUdF1m9egENHw>: Every year, the Buzzards Bay Coalition depends on wonderful people like you to help make our events run smoothly. Volunteering for the Ride is a great way to get outside to enjoy Buzzards Bay, an opportunity to meet new friends and, most importantly, your chance to interact with hundreds of cyclists who will raise over $185,000 to support the Coalition’s work for clean water. PLEASE take a moment to put the Buzzards Bay Watershed Ride on your calendar, and email us if you're ready to volunteer!

We are particularly in need of volunteers for the RIDE finish line party in Woods Hole. Shifts are available between 10am and 6:30pm. Woods Hole and Falmouth volunteers, get in touch!

All volunteers receive a volunteer t-shirt and are invited to a pre-event Volunteer Rally and the post Ride party at the Finish Line. Contact Lynn Coish at coish at savebuzzardsbay.org<mailto:coish at savebuzzardsbay.org> to reserve your volunteer spot today!

Additional Ride tasks and shifts:

Cyclist Early Check-In, Friday, Sept. 28 from 10am-4pm in New Bedford and Sat, Sept. 29 from 9am-1pm in New Bedford and Wareham. Volunteers receive training to be able to receive donations and to distribute cycling bibs, jerseys, and safety information to cyclists checking in early in advance of the Watershed Ride.

Cyclist Vehicle Transport, Sunday, Sept. 30, 9am-1pm (Little Compton to Rochester) and 1pm-5pm (Rochester to Woods Hole) - have a clean car and a bike rack that can transport two people and two bikes? Volunteer to drive parts of our 100-mile cycling course transporting cyclists in need of a break or a repair.

Volunteer Nurses or EMTs to staff First Aid stations in Rochester from 11am-2pm and Woods Hole from 2-5pm.

Post-Ride Unpacking & Organizing, Mon. Oct.1 and Tues. Oct. 2 - be one of the first-ever volunteers to work at our new Marion Field Operations Facility on Spring Street in Marion. Help unpack, clean, and organize signs, paperwork, and equipment in shifts from 10am-5pm.

If you have any questions or would like to sign up for a volunteer shift, please  Contact Lynn Coish at coish at savebuzzardsbay.org<mailto:coish at savebuzzardsbay.org>.