[Classifieds] Saturday, May 18 is Endangered Species Day at the Woods Hole Science Aquarium

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Fri May 10 15:05:33 EDT 2019

Endangered Species Day Event May 18 at Woods Hole Science Aquarium

Saturday, May 18, is all about North Atlantic right whales, sea turtles and Atlantic salmon – three endangered species found off our coast. NOAA’s Woods Hole Science Aquarium will be open to the public from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in recognition of National Endangered Species Day to showcase what’s being done to recover these rare animals.

This special Saturday opening means visitors can see the Aquarium exhibits as well as a variety of special displays, exhibits and hands-on activities to be offered from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for Endangered Species Day.  A new Agents of Discovery app, Sea-Run,GO!, will be available to visitors to learn more about Atlantic salmon as we celebrate the International Year of the Salmon in 2019. You can download the app to your phone in advance from the App Store<https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/agents-of-discovery/id986188357?mt=8>. Staff will be on hand to help you locate the mission and to answer questions. Click here<https://www.nefsc.noaa.gov/press_release/pr2019/features/endangered-species-day-2019/> to learn more.