[Classifieds] Reminder: FREE Student Ocean Webinars via Zoom for Students Out of School

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Thu Mar 19 13:25:39 EDT 2020

Hello Ocean Community,

We understand that a lot of teachers are scrambling to find distance learning opportunities for their students due to school closures from the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19). OPAK<http://www.opakedu.org/> will be offering FREE ocean-themed webinars starting on Monday, March 23rd going through Thursday, March 26th. The webinar will begin at 1pm daily and last roughly 45-60 minutes and will be streamed via Zoom and YouTube live.

The webinar themes include:

-Plankton: What are they can why should I care about them? (Grades 6-12)
-Ocean Adaptations: Create Your Own Sea Creature (Grades 2-6)
-Marine Protected Areas: Why should we save the seas? (Grades 9-12)
-Ancient Tales: The Story of the Horseshoe Crab (All Ages)

Full descriptions and registration information for these webinars can be found at www.opakedu.org/webinars<http://www.opakedu.org/webinars>

Each webinar will be accompanied by follow up lessons, activities, art projects, films, etc. that students can do at home. We hope that these webinars will help at least a little bit during this difficult time.

Please contact OPAK's Executive Director, Jeffrey Morgan, at jmorgan at opakedu.org<mailto:jmorgan at opakedu.org> with questions. More information about OPAK can be found at www.opakedu.org<http://www.opakedu.org/>

Stay well,

Jeffrey Morgan

OPAK | Executive Director
jmorgan at opakedu.org<mailto:jmorgan at opakedu.org>