[Classifieds] Girls in Science Fellowship Application Deadline Extended to May 4th

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Thu Mar 19 15:05:43 EDT 2020

Woods Hole Sea Grant and Earthwatch's "Girls in Science Fellowship" application deadline has been extended to May 4th.
Due to extenuating circumstances with COVID-19 we have not only extended the Girls in Science application deadline to May 4th but we have also waived the requirement for a written letter of recommendation from a STEM teacher.  We are asking instead that you give us the name and e-mail address of a STEM teacher (science, technology, engineering, or math), mentor (someone you’ve volunteered with), or guidance counselor that can speak as your reference (no relatives please).  Please send them an e-mail letting them know we may reach out to them.  We understand that these are unique times that may lead to unique situations.  Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis.

More details and the application can be found at:  https://seagrant.whoi.edu/k-12/girls-in-science/   Please spread the word!

If you have any questions at all, please reach out to Sarai Zelada, szelada at earthwatch.org<mailto:szelada at earthwatch.org> or Grace Simpkins, gsimpkins at whoi.edu<mailto:gsimpkins at whoi.edu>.