[Classifieds] FY2022-2023 Margaret A. Davidson Fellowship request for proposals

MBL Classifieds classifieds at lists.mbl.edu
Tue Jun 15 10:49:00 EDT 2021

NOAA’s Office for Coastal Management is pleased to announce the release of the FY 2022 - 2023 Margaret A. Davidson Graduate Fellowship request for proposals. This program offers graduate students admitted to or enrolled in a Master’s or Ph.D. program the opportunity to conduct estuarine research within a National Estuarine Research Reserve.

The Davidson fellowship supports research projects that help scientists and communities understand the coastal challenges that will likely influence future policy and management strategies, and offers professional development opportunities geared to build the next generation of coastal professionals. NOAA is committed to reaching applicants from minority serving institutions, and to partnering with these universities for collaborative science initiatives and fellowship opportunities within the research reserves.

NOAA will award one fellowship at each of the 29 reserves in the national system. Each two-year project will employ the tenets of collaborative research, including engaging end-users, incorporating multi-disciplinary perspectives, and ensuring outcomes are applicable to local coastal resource management needs and decision-making. The fellowship honors the legacy of Margaret A. Davidson, a true visionary and pioneer in the field of coastal resource management.

A link to the request for proposals can be found here<https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=334046>. Additional information about the program can be found on our website<https://coast.noaa.gov/nerrs/research/davidson-fellowship.html>. We encourage you to widely share this announcement with your university partners.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Keelin S. Kuipers

Deputy Director, NOAA Office for Coastal Management

keelin.kuipers at noaa.gov<mailto:Jeff.Payne at noaa.gov>

--

Keelin S. Kuipers, Deputy Director

Office for Coastal Management